Welcome to the Trophy guide for the Iki Island expansion for Ghost of Tsushima! The Trophies for this expansion come in a little bit of a different form. There are two separate lists that are tied to Iki Island. They are “Story” and “Exploration.”
Before you can start Iki Island, you will need to have Reached the Toyotama region of the main Ghost of Tsushima story. A new entry will show up in your journal that you can track and follow to begin this expansion.
Despite them being separated, they are both essentially the same as the lists are completion based. There are no miscellaneous Trophies here. It’s your standard open world checkbox Trophy list. Nothing is missable and everything can be obtained after completing the main story. In fact, you should complete the main story first as some of what is needed for Trophies won’t be unlocked until you’ve made story progress.
So, complete the story and then work your way across the map completing everything else that is needed.
Iki Island: Story
Out of the Past
Survive the Eagle’s medicine and bid farewell to a new friend.
This is an unmissable story related Trophy. Complete all 9 main tales to earn this.
Friend to All Raiders
Complete all Tales of Iki.
For this, you’re going to need to complete every tale in 3 different categories. Unwritten Tales are not required for this Trophy.
- Main Tales – 9
- Side Tales – 7
- Mythic Tales – 2
This is best saved until after you’ve finished all of the main tales. The other tales will become available as you progress further into the story and clear the fog on the map. The side tales will be marked as a “?” on the map.
There are 2 side tales that won’t show up on the map. They are “A Mother’s Law” and “A Helping Hand.” Both of those are marked below.
“A Mother’s Law” is started by going into Fune’s room. A conversation with her will shortly start and she will give you this tale.
“A Helping Hand” will not show up at all until you speak with the peasant at least once. Then, his home will show up on your map. There are actually no waypoints during this tale. You will need to find a man 3 different times and give him the materials he needs each time. He is found in three different areas. You’ll be able to see white smoke in the air when he is at a location.
The order of the screenshots below are the order in which I encountered him.
After you’ve given him the items he needs 3 times, head to his house and speak with him again.
The Benefit of All Beings
Build your Legend on Iki Island to earn the title Legacy Redeemer.
This is something that you won’t have to worry about as it will unlock as you work toward completing everything else in the 2 new Trophy lists. Just about everything you do and complete will add to your legend status.
The Butcher Redeemed
Liberate Iki Island by defeating the Eagle and driving the invaders from Mongol territory.
In order to earn this, you’ll have to complete all 9 main tales and conquer all 4 enemy camps. Enter each camp and kill all of the enemies found there.
- Sentinel’s Peak
- Katayama Market
- Zasho River Crossing
- Saruiwa Overlook
Treasure of the Past
Complete all Mythic Tales on Iki Island.
There are only 2 mythic tales to complete in order to pop this. You’ll need to progress a bit into the story in order for them to show up. So, either do this later in the game or after you’ve completed the main tales.
- The Legend of Black Hand Riku
- The Legacy of Kazumasa Sakai
Elegy for Kazumasa
Complete all Memories of Your Father.
Memories of your father are short gameplay sections where you play as young Jin interacting with his father. There are only 5 of these and they will be marked on your map as a “?” after liberating all 4 enemy camps. Go to each one and complete them.
After you’ve completed 4 of them, the final one will appear on your map.
Their locations are also shown below.
Discover and complete all unwritten tales on Iki Island.
There are 6 unwritten tales to complete. These are basically shorter side missions, but they are not tracked and will not be added to your journal. These are quick tasks for NPCs, but one of them requires you to have played the online Legends mode and have completed the missions there.
- Uta – Uta can be found to the east of the map in-between Yahata Forest and Zasho Bay. Go in her house and speak to her. She will talk to you about the Legends of Gyozen and to seek him out. If you have already played all of the Legends online missions, you should be able to speak with her again. If not, you will need to head online and play through the Legends missions. She specifically mentions the fire demons of Yarikawa. So, you’ll need to play “The Fire Spirits of Yarikawa” Legends mission. She will give you a mask after speaking to her a second time. That is how you know this tale is completed.
- Boat Captain – Head to the beach to the north where your ship to Iki Island crashed to find your dead ship captain. Interact with him to bury him.
- Archery Challenge – This is done be completing the archery challenge and the Raider Memorial Camp to the south of the map. You’ll need to do this when going for all 8 Archery Challenges. See “Pride of Ishikawa” below for more details.
- Rescue NPCs from Drowning – This is done by killing all of the Mongols that are trying to drown the villagers in the lake at Bhudda’s Footprints.
- Hachibee – Head just below Old Gambler’s Wood to the right of Shattered Cliffs to find Hachibee. Speak to him and then defeat a couple waves of enemies.
- Kodama – Head to the north of Senjo Gorge just to the right of Lake Nagata to find a burned out house. Interact with the banner outside of the house to speak with Kodama. Follow her, survey the woods and then kill the Mongols in the woods. Return to the house to find a note on the tree stump. Pick it up and read it to finish this off.
Iki Island: Exploration
Embody the spirit of the monkey on Saruiwa.
There are 4 monkey statues that you will need to interact with at Saruiwa to the very southwest of the map. There are 3 monkey statues that you will need to interact with by performing a specific action in front of each one. These statues are found on various climbable paths on the mountain. After you’ve interacted with all 3 statues, you will need to go to the top of the mountain and complete the monkey sanctuary.
- Monkey Statue 1 – Shortly after enter the pathway marked by two statues, you’ll see a climbable path to the left. Climb up and walk across rope. Play the flute in front of the monkey statue that is covering its ears. Swipe left on the Touchpad to play the flute.
- Monkey Statue 2 – From statue 1, climb down and go through the crevice and continue on the path until you see climbable ledges to the right. Climb onto the ledge and it will break dropping you down. Continue climbing down and you will find a statue that is covering its eyes. Drop a smoke bomb in front of it.
- Monkey Statue 3 – From statue 2, climb back up the way you came back to the main path. Follow the path and go across the bamboo bridge to see a grapple point. Grapple to it and climb all the way down to the small pool of water at the bottom. The third statue is sitting on a rock next to the water. Bow in front of it. Swipe down on the Touchpad to bow.
- Monkey Sanctuary – From statue 3, climb back up the way the came and get back to the bamboo bridge. Go back across the bamboo and you should see a climbable ledge to the right. Climb up and pull down the grapple point with R2 + L2. Climb up to the rope. This path will take you around and up to the top. Finish the flute mini game at the top and this will pop.
Pride of Ishikawa
Achieve bronze or higher on all Archery Challenges.
There are 8 archery challenges that can be found across Iki Island. They are marked as a “?” after liberating all 4 enemy camps. They will then change to bow and arrow icons as you get closer.
For these, you will need to shoot targets with your bow under the bronze time limit. They will be broken down into gold, silver and bronze times. You only need to reach bronze to get these done and the bronze times are pretty forgiving. You’ll still need to be somewhat quick, but nothing cray is required here. You can try again if you fail.
There is one archery challenge that doesn’t show up on your map as a bow and arrow at first. This is found at the southern part part of the map and you must be wearing Tadayori’s Armor. Speak with an NPC to begin the challenge. This challenge also counts toward the unwritten tales Trophy “Common Courtesy.”
Complete all Animal Sanctuaries.
There are 9 animal sanctuaries that can be found across Iki Island. They are marked as a “?” after liberating all 4 enemy camps. They will then change to animal icons as you get closer.
These are pretty simple. All you have to do is play a flute mini game at the designated locations. There will be a ball on screen that you will need to keep inside of the music path by moving your controller up and down.
A Few Splinters
Complete all bokken duels at the Hidden Cove Tournament.
You’ll be introduced to the Hidden Cove Tournament after completing the main tale “Jin From Yarikawa.” The final cutscene of the mission will end and you’ll be standing right in front of the tournament.
Speak to the man standing at the end of the bridge from the ship in front of the ring. You will need to challenge 3 NPCs to duels. They will be sitting around the ring with sword icons over their heads. After beating the 3 challengers, a 4th will show up. This will pop after beating the 4th.
Don’t worry if you lose. They can be re-challenged
Complete all Haiku, Onsen, Shinto Shrines, and Bamboo Strikes on Iki Island.
This sounds like a lot, but there are not that many of these to complete. You will need to go to each location and complete the mini game associated with each.
- Haikus – 3
- Onsen – 2
- Shinto Shrine – 1
- Bamboo Strikes – 4
Blood on Your Hands
Purchase an item from the Crimson Dye Merchant and obtain a dye for your Sakai Horse Armor.
The Crimson Dye Merchant will become available by completing the Hidden Cove Tournament. After the all the NPCs have been beaten, the location of the merchant will be marked on your map. Go to him and buy any item you want.
There are a couple of steps to getting the dye for your horse.
- Complete “The Legacy of Kazumasa Sakai” Mythic Tale in order to get the horse armor.
- Collect 6 Sakai Banners. There are 30 of them total, but you only need 6. You can find these by going to the map, press Right on the D-Pad and then select Undiscovered Sakai Banners. This will equip the Traveler’s Attire and the guiding wind will point you to the nearest banner.
- Take the 6 banners to the NPC near Thieves Rest Lighthouse and she will give you dye in exchange for the banners.