Overall, this is a fairly easy Trophy list. The only difficult Trophy here is Not So Bad. This Platinum is going to require another player locally, or a second controller. There is no online multiplayer, it is local only. You’re going to want to really learn the layouts and key points of each mission as there is a time trial Trophy. Not So Bad is a playthrough on the hardest difficulty, so it is recommended that you just run to the objective points and then straight to the exits with as little combat as possible. In order to replay a mission, you’ll have to replay the whole episode that contains the mission. It is also recommended to make save files at the beginning of missions just in case you have to reload a time trial run or if you need to go back for a Trophy.
Unlock all trophies in DOOM
Knee-Deep in the Dead
Beat all the levels in “Knee-Deep in the Dead”
– “Knee-Deep in the Dead” is the first episode. Complete all of the missions within the first episode to unlock this.
The Shores of Hell
Beat all the levels in “The Shores of Hell”
– “The Shores of Hell” is the second episode. Complete all of the missions within the second episode to unlock this.
Beat all the levels in “Inferno”
– “Inferno” is the third episode. Complete all of the missions within the third episode to unlock this.
Thy Flesh Consumed
Beat all the levels in “Thy Flesh Consumed”
– “Thy Flesh Consumed” is the fourth episode. Complete all of the missions within the fourth episode to unlock this.
I’m the Man!
Beat DOOM in under 2 hours
– Luckily, there are a few things that make this easier than you would think. First, this Trophy is accumulative and does not need to be completed in one sitting. You can go back to missions to try and lower your times and the overall time will be adjusted. Secondly, the times only seem to count from the fist three episodes and not all four. Lastly, this can be done on “I’m Too Young To Die” difficulty.
The missions are not very long and they aren’t that difficult. You’re going to want to avoid engaging with enemies and just run straight to mission objectives. Only kill the enemies that you absolutely have to. I suggest making a save at the beginning of each mission just in case you mess up and take too much time. You can also do a practice run of the mission to get an idea of exactly where you need to go, then reload and speed right through it. Also, pausing the game stops the timer.
Get 25 kills in deathmatch
– See the Trophy “Showstopper” below for more details.
Get 100 kills in deathmatch
– This Trophy is going to require two controllers. The fastest way to earn this is to start a Deathmatch, select the frag limit to 25 and set the timer to 10 minutes. Now, just run through killing the other “player” 25 times. Replay the Deathmatch four times at 25 kills to earn the required 100. Remember that you have to press R2 on the second controller to respawn the other character. It will not spawn automatically.
Not so Bad
Beat every level on Nightmare in co-operative mode
– This is the most challenging Trophy in the game. Make a save at the beginning of each mission. You’re going to want to really learn the maps. You need to know exactly where to go and exactly where the exits are. The less combat you can engage in, the better. Sometimes, the enemies will clog up a hallway. Instead of fighting through that, you’re better off just reloading your save and trying again. Be sure to hold L2 pretty much the entire time as sprinting will help you dodge enemies a little bit.
The other component of this Trophy is co-op. You’re going to need another player locally to help, or you can just have a second controller on. If you’re playing with another person, you can employ a bit of strategy here. One person can act as a distraction to the enemies while the other player completes the mission. Only one player needs to reach the exit to complete the mission.
Guns are for Wusses
Get 25 kills with your fists in a single level
– Equip your fists and run through whatever level you choose killing enemies. This is made easier by playing through the earlier levels. You’re going to take damage doing this so it is also much easier to set the game difficulty to the lowest setting.
Get 3 multi-kills with the shotgun
– A multi-kill is a two kills with a single shot. It’s not very difficult and is something that will more than likely come naturally as you play. When you encounter a room with multiple enemies, strafe around them and they usually get close to each other. Fire off a shot when they are lined up or grouped up to kill two at once.
Shoot it Until it Dies
Finish off a Cyberdemon with the pistol
– This Trophy can be a pain. Even on a lower difficulty, the Cyberdemon has a lot of health and the pistol just doesn’t do that much damage. Before you begin, make a save just in case you die and lose your weapons. Start out by using the rocket launcher to weaken it. That’s going to take about 45 hits with the rocket. Make another save file after that to ensure that you can reload and start off with a weakened enemy just in case you die. Now, pull out the pistol and just keep chipping away with it. The Cyberdemon’s rockets can get on you pretty quickly, so use the sprint (hold L2) to dodge incoming fire. If its been awhile after using the pistol, make another save file just to be safe. Eventually, you’ll finish it off and pop another gold Trophy.
Cookin’ With Plasma
Kill 5 enemies in 5 seconds with the plasma rifle
– I was able to earn this Trophy on E2M4. Run into the blue area of the map and there will be more than enough enemies in there. Run around them and get them to follow you just a little bit so that you can get another group of enemies to lock onto you. Once there are at least five, light em up with the plasma rifle.
Kill only a single enemy with a shot from the BFG
– I actually earned this Trophy on E3M3, but the below recording is an easier and quicker location on E3M4. The BFG is not far from the starting point of the mission. Once you get there, you can find a lone enemy in the room right next to where you get the BFG.
Timing is Everything
Kill 2 enemies with a single barrel explosion
– This is another Trophy that will come naturally as you play through the game. There are areas where a big group of enemies can be found surrounded by barrels. Simply shoot the green barrels when the enemies are near them. The barrels actually have a pretty big blast radius, so this shouldn’t be too difficult to unlock.
Crush a corpse in a door
– For this Trophy, you’re going to have to bait an enemy into following you under a door. Open a door with X and then back track a bit with an enemy following you. Once they’re under the door, kill them and wait for the door to shut and crush the body.
Finish a level with 200% armor and 200% health
– If you have two controllers, this Trophy can actually be earned pretty easily in multiplayer. First, set the chapter as “The Shores of Hell” and then choose “9” for the map. Set the frag limit to 1 and begin the match. In the center of the map, you’ll find the 200% health. Quickly run down through it to grab it and then head through the brown door to find the 200% armor. Kill the other player to end the match and the Trophy will pop.
It’s a Secret
Find a secret level
– See the Trophy “Not a Very Good Secret” below for more details.
Not a Very Good Secret
Find all the secret levels
– There are four different secret levels. They can be found in levels E1M3, E2M5, E3M6 and E4M2.
Kill one of every enemy
– There are 10 different enemy types to kill in Doom. You will likely kill all 10 by just naturally playing through all four of the episodes. This Trophy popped for me after killing the final boss of Episode 3.