Welcome to the walkthrough for Pokémon: Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl! The two latest Pokémon remakes take us back to 2006 to the Sinnoh region.
- Sandgem Town / Route 202
- Jubilife City
- Route 203 / Oreburgh City
- Oreburgh Mine / Oreburgh City Gym
- Route 204 / Ravaged Path
- Floaroma Town / Valley Windworks / Route 205
- Eterna Forest / Eterna City / Eterna Gym
- Old Chateau / Galactic Eterna HQ / Route 206 / Wayward Cave / Route 207
- Mt. Coronent / Route 208 / Hearthome City / Route 209
- Solaceon Town / Solaceon Ruins / Route 210
- Veilstone City / Veilstone Gym / Fly
- Route 214 / Hotel Grand Lake / Route 213 / Pastoria City
- Route 213 / Route 212 / Route 210 / Celestic Town / Hearthome Gym
- Route 218 / Canaclave City / Iron Island / Canalave Gym
- Gible / Valor Lake / Mt. Coronent / Route 216 / Route 217
- Snowpoint City & Gym / Lake Acuity / Galactic HQ
- Mt. Coronent / Finishing off Team Galactic / Dialga & Palkia
- Route 222 / Sunyshore City / Vista Lighthouse / Sunyshore Gym
- Catching the Lake Guardians / Clean Up
- Victory Road / Elite Four
- Post Game Clean Up / Legendary Pokémon
- Battle Zone / Routes 225 – 226 – 227
- Stark Mountain / Heatran / Routes 228 – 229 – 230 / The End
All adventures begin somewhere and this one starts in Twinleaf Town.
When you first start the game you’ll be in your room watching a report about the red Gyarados. You can interact with the items in your room if you like, but head downstairs when you’re ready to proceed. Go downstairs and speak with your mom. She’ll tell you to find your friend.
You can explore Twinleaf if you’d like, but there is nothing of note happening right now. So head to your friend’s house in the upper left side of town. Attempt to go through the door and your friend will come out and speak to you. He will go to leave, but then will go back inside his house. Follow him into his house and up into his room. He’ll speak with you again about going to the lake and will then run out if his. Follow him to the lake.
Exit Twinleaf Town by going north to Route 201 where your friend will be waiting. After speaking with him again, he will be following you now. You have no Pokémon yet, so you are unable to go into the grass to the right. So head left and follow the path to Lake Verity.
At the lake, you will run into Professor Rowan. After speaking with him, he will leave. You’ll then notice the briefcase that he left behind. You’ll automatically interact with it and will then be ambushed by wild Pokémon.
Make your Choice
There will be three Poké Balls to choose from.
The grass type Turtwig, the fire type Chimchar and the water type Piplup.
After you made your choice, battle and defeat the wild Pokémon. Defeat the wild Pokémon and then Dawn or Lucas will return to grab the briefcase. Leave the lake and head back to Twinleaf where you will find Rowan on Route 201. After speaking with them, you automatically be taken back to your house where you will be speaking to your mom. At the end of the conversation she will give you the Running Shoes. You can now use the left stick to run and the D-Pad to walk.
Exit your house and head back to Route 201 and begin making your way to Sandgem Town.
Now that you have a Pokémon, you can take the path on the right and walk through the grass.
Pokémon found on Route 201:
Speak to the woman in the grass at the top of the section and she will give you 10 Potions.
You can battle wild Pokémon here to level up your starter, or you can continue on to Sandgem.